Privateer Press, Inc. (www.privateerpress.com) is an award-winning publisher of games and supplements based in Bellevue, WA. We produce the acclaimed tabletop miniatures wargames WARMACHINE® and HORDES™ and the pre-painted miniatures game Monsterpocalypse®. We also publish the bimonthly No Quarter Magazine™ and the Formula P3™ hobby tool and paint range in addition to the other products in our catalog. We are focused on producing the finest gaming products on the market today as we continue to build and expand the richness of our games and settings. We are in search of great people who are enthusiastic about producing engaging and enjoyable experiences and who can appreciate the inherent beauty of giant steam-powered robots smashing each other to pieces.
We are a hard-working crew who derive satisfaction from a job well done. We work in a fast-paced results-driven environment, and we seek a highly motivated individual to support our production of high quality miniatures.
This position’s primary duties are painting studio miniatures for display, photography, conventions, and No Quarter Magazine. Other duties will include writing hobby-painting articles for printed material and any needs as required by the Studio Director.
• Painting studio miniatures
• Writing hobby-painting articles for No Quarter Magazine and Force Books.
Required Skills and Proficiencies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Capable of working both individually and collaboratively
• Able to follow and interpret color concept sketches to accurately produce painted miniatures
• Able to accept constructive criticism and make necessary adjustments to painted projects
• Acute attention to detail
• Expert miniature modeling and painting knowledge
• Upbeat and positive attitude
• Solid knowledge of how to play all Privateer games
• Solid knowledge of the Iron Kingdoms setting and visual aesthetic
• Strong work ethic
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain a clean and tidy workspace
• Action oriented and able to complete tasks quickly and under pressure
• Good problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with Privateer Press miniatures products
• Ability to multitask and change gears between multiple projects quickly
• Basic knowledge of photography
• Upbeat and positive attitude
• Working familiarity with Macintosh/PC computers and common office software such as Word
• Able and willing to travel to conventions, industry trade shows, open houses, etc. in and outside the U.S. should the need arise (it is possible the need will never arise).
• The endurance to sit and/or stand to paint for extended periods of time. Roughly 40 hrs. a week.
• The ability to focus on fine details without significant eye strain for long periods of time.
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Negotiable, determined by skill and experience.
1) Prepare a resume of no more than two pages. The filename of the resume should be your first and last name separated by an underscore, and it must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe.doc
2) Compose a cover letter of no more than one page. The filename of the cover letter should be your first and last name followed by “CL”, all separated by underscores. The file must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe_CL.doc
3) Submit a portfolio of your painted miniatures and hobby projects. The filename of the portfolio should be your first and last name followed by “PF”, all separated by underscores. The file must be in .doc or .PDF format.
4) Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected], and make sure the subject line says “Studio Painter – [your name]”. Example: Studio Painter – John Doe.
Please note that this is a full-time salaried position at our Bellevue, Washington location.