Are you a talented and experienced concept artist? Does the idea of producing heroes, villains, war machines, and monsters thrill you? Would you love to work in a casual yet dynamic and fast-paced environment with some of the best people in the gaming industry?
Privateer Press, Inc. (www.privateerpress.com) is an award-winning publisher of games and supplements based in Bellevue, WA. We produce the acclaimed tabletop miniatures wargames WARMACHINE® and HORDES™, the pre-painted miniatures game Monsterpocalypse®, and the Bodgers™ board and card game line. We also publish the bimonthly No Quarter Magazine and the Formula P3 hobby tool and paint range. We are focused on producing the finest gaming products on the market today as we continue to build and expand the richness of our games and settings. We are an established game company in search of great people who are enthusiastic about producing engaging and enjoyable experiences and who can appreciate the inherent beauty of giant steam-powered robots smashing each other to pieces.
We are a hard-working crew who derive satisfaction from a job well done. We work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, and we seek a highly motivated, creative, and artistically talented individual to help expand and grow the richness of our IP through the creation of high quality art concepts and final color illustrations.
Privateer Press is looking for an experienced concept artist to produce high-end concept drawings to be utilized for miniature sculpting and color illustration for all current and future intellectual properties.
The Concept Artist will work closely with the creative managers and game development staff to produce high quality artwork including but not limited to: character line concepts, technical drawings, final color artwork, landscapes and environments, product designs, and cartoon character illustrations.
The Concept Artist will maintain a library of current and previous work in a standardized format for access by the design and marketing departments.
The Concept Artist may be required to travel to industry trade shows to participate as a member of the show crew and personality of Privateer Press.
This is a full-time position in our Bellevue, WA office.
• Character Concept Art - The Concept Artist will work closely with the creative managers and game development staff to design and render characters that will be used for miniature and final product art. It is the Concept Artist’s responsibility to push the visual boundaries of Privateer’s visual brands by creating stunningly dynamic and original designs.
• Product Illustration - The Concept Artist will assist the graphic design department by providing additional artwork when required, including final color artwork, landscapes and environments, product and logo designs, and cartoon character illustrations when required.
• Miniature Quality Control - The Concept Artist will also work closely with the miniature-sculpting department to maintain a high level of quality control through the sculpting and miniature molding process.
Required Skills and Proficiencies
• 3-5 years full-time professional experience as an illustrator
• Excellent ability to create characters based on verbal and written communication
• Strong personal initiative and organization
• Acute attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Ability to focus on work and avoid distractions
• Upbeat and positive attitude
• Able and willing to travel to conventions, industry trade shows, open houses, etc. in and outside the U.S.
Preferred Skills and Proficiencies
• Strong knowledge of WARMACHINE and HORDES intellectual properties
• Familiarity with sculpting and molding processes
• Familiarity with digital imaging standards
• A strong passion for tabletop gaming, fantasy, sci-fi, comic books, popular arts, and genre films
• Sense of humor, the ability to quote movies (good and bad), and a desire to produce the best games on the market today
Start Date: Immediate
To Apply for the position:
- Prepare a resume of no more than two pages. The filename of the resume should be your first and last name separated by an underscore, and it must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe.doc
- Compose a cover letter of no more than one page. The filename of the cover letter should be your first and last name followed by “CL”, all separated by underscores. The file must be either .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe_CL.doc
- Prepare a PDF of your portfolio no larger than 5 megabytes. The filename of the PDF should be your first and last name followed by “PF”, all separated by underscores. The file must be a .PDF file. Example: John_Doe_PF.pdf
Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com, and make sure the subject line says “Lead Concept Artist – [your name]”. Example: Lead Concept Artist – John Doe.
Please note that this is a full-time salaried position at our Bellevue location. Applicants must either live in the Seattle area or be willing to relocate.