Privateer Press, Inc. (privateerpress.com) is an award-winning publisher of games and game supplements based in Bellevue, WA. We produce the acclaimed WARMACHINE® and HORDES® tabletop miniatures wargames, the Monsterpocalypse® pre-painted miniatures game, the Iron Kingdoms® Full Metal Fantasy and Iron Kingdoms® Unleashed roleplaying games, the Undercity™ and Widower’s Wood™ adventure board games, and the LEVEL 7® survival-horror board game line. We also publish the bimonthly No Quarter™ magazine and the Formula P3™ hobby tool and paint range in addition to the other products in our catalog. We are focused on producing the finest gaming products on the market today as we continue to build and expand the richness of our games and settings. We are in search of great people who are enthusiastic about producing engaging and enjoyable experiences and who can appreciate the inherent beauty of giant steam-powered robots smashing each other to pieces.
We are a hard-working crew who derive satisfaction from a job well done. We work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, and we seek a highly motivated individual with AMAZING attention to detail to support our production of high-quality miniatures in our resin mold making department.
This position’s primary duties include a variety of hobby projects such as building terrain for photography and conventions. Other duties include painting miniatures, updating and maintaining parts for the online store, and any needs as required by the Studio Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Concepting, building, and painting hobby terrain for No Quarter magazine articles, product photography and tournament tables
- Maintaining terrain inventory and upkeep
- Prepping terrain for transport to various conventions. This may include sourcing and/or building crate solutions to ensure materials arrive safely and securely
- Army Painting and matching existing model color schemes
- Writing hobby articles for No Quarter magazine and the Privateer Press website
- Able to teach core hobby and terrain concepts in a classroom or one-on-one setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working both individually and collaboratively
- Able to follow and interpret concept sketches to accurately produce completed terrain pieces
- Able to accept constructive criticism and make necessary adjustments to hobby projects
- Able to create concept art for hobby terrain
- Acute attention to detail
- Expert miniature modeling and painting knowledge
- Expert hobby terrain-building skills
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Knowledge of basic photography and Photoshop
- Solid knowledge of how to play all Privateer games
- Solid knowledge of the Iron Kingdoms setting and visual aesthetics
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain a clean and tidy workspace
- Action oriented and able to complete tasks quickly
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience with power tools and light construction
- Able to work quickly with an assembly line technique for mass production of tournament terrain
- Familiarity with Privateer Press miniatures products
- Ability to multitask and change gears between multiple projects quickly
- Working familiarity with Macintosh/PC computers and common office software such as Word and Excel
- Able and willing to travel to conventions, industry trade shows, open houses, etc., in and outside the U.S.
- Physically able to work standing or sitting for extended periods of time. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: Negotiable, based on skill and experience
1) Prepare a resume of no more than two pages. The filename of the resume should be your first and last name separated by an underscore, and it must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe.doc
2) Compose a cover letter of no more than one page. The filename of the cover letter should be your first and last name followed by “CL”, all separated by underscores. The file must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe_CL.doc
3) Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected], and make sure the subject line says “Terrain Specialist—[your name].” Example: Terrain Specialist—John Doe.